Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

FAQs

Where is the Club located

We are five minutes drive from the Bromley turnoff on the M25 (Junction 4). The Centre is located in Orpington, Kent - please click the Location button for local map

How much does it cost to join Bromley Indoor Bowls Centre?

• BIBC (our indoor all year bowling club): There is a 'one-off' joining fee of £30. In addition, an annual subscription of £120 is payable.
  • BIBCOS (our oudoor summer bowling club): Approximately £90 (2022 fee to be advised)

How much are your rink fees?

• BIBC: Players are charged rink fees of £4 per person for each session. A session usually lasts two and a half hours, or you can pay rink fees in a lump sum.  There are different rink payment methods at present as we are trying to be cashless. Just ask reception for details.
  • BIBCOS: No additional charge for bowling - just Rink 9!

What if I haven't played bowls before but would like an opportunity to try out the game before committing myself?

We operate our 'Community' scheme for precisely this purpose. Training sessions by qualified instructors, usually on a one to one basis, are arranged to help you decide if bowls is 'for you'. The scheme provides for five sessions at a cost of £5 each. All equipment i.e. shoes and bowls is included in the price.

I enjoy Bowls but am not competitive

That's great! Many of our members are not 'high flyers' but appreciate and enjoy the social side of being part of a great Club. They can just 'roll up' to play with friends or join a group of like minded members. No pressure is exerted on anyone to participate in competitions.

I enjoy Bowls and I am competitive.

Then we are the club for you! In the winter season (October to April) we have many Winter Leagues operating Monday to Friday between 09.30 and 20.00 hrs. In the summer we also hold indoor Leagues on a reduced basis,  and if you like to play outdoors but on an all weather surface, we have BIBCOS who play other outdoor clubs and have fixtures throughout the Summer.
We also hold internal competitions played amongst members for the appropriate club title. View winners and finalists and competitions available by choosing the appropriate links in the menu.

How Can I Get Started?

Please phone Reception (01689 834 341) or use the contact form - we welcome new members.

Home News * Events * BIBC * BIBCOS * SocialRink 9 * Gallery * Weblinks * Site MapContact *